Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Basement Door






A few years ago I wrote this story titled "The Basement Door." I have been meaning to do something media related with it. My first thought was to develop it into a script and shoot a short indie out of it. I had also written the sequel which takes place a few years after and thought perhaps if the first tale goes well, I have an immediate set up for a sequel. Well, after almost a year of bouncing ideas in my head and trying to think of castings etc., I decided to create a hybrid type of digital story. I shot live footage of my daughter narrating the story and used cgi and visual effects with stills to set the story. I have also begun another rendition, using all 3d models, because for the sequel, the story gets a bit darker and I receive to subject my daughter into that. I hope that you do enjoy it, it is not perfect, however I feel the story tells well, with the right feeling. I will eventually do something with this story. I promise myself that every once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment